Sunday, November 29, 2009

A True Friend

A long time ago, I broke someone's heart. What I did was a mistake and I sometimes have a hard time forgiving myself for it. Most guys would never make the effort to reinstigate any friendship with me, but this one did. He was hurt. It took time. But in the end, we became closer friends than we ever were before. I am trying so hard to understand how he was able to forgive the hurt I caused in his life. I guess, in the long run, our friendship was more important to him than hurt feelings or pride or anything else that could have stood in the way. I am so grateful to him for the incredible example he provides for me and for his eternal friendship.

2 comments:

Christine Frandsen said...

my blog finally caught on and now it tells me when you update :) yay!

I like your blog- you're a great writer :)

Larissa said...

I hope to be able to find the strength your friend did too...